Comcast

Philadelphia, PA
CEO
Brian L. Roberts, Chairman and CEO
Ticker
CMCSK
Web
www.comcast.com

Comcast Corporation is the largest cable operator, home internet service provider, and third largest home telephone service provider in the United States, providing cable television, broadband internet, and telephone service to both residential and commercial customers in 39 states and the District of Columbia. The company is headquartered in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Comcast also has significant holdings in several cable networks (including E! Entertainment Television, Style Network, G4, The Golf Channel and Versus), distribution (ThePlatform), and other related businesses. In January 2011, Comcast completed taking control of NBC Universal, cementing one of the largest media mergers in recent history. In the works for more than a year, the deal gave Comcast 51% control of NBCU for a cost of $14 billion. That leaves General Electric with a 49% stake after its purchase of French company Vivendi?s 20% share of the company. Under Comcast?s management now are NBCU?s broadcast, cable and online news brands, along with its entertainment divisions, theme parks and unconsolidated investments. NBC president Jeff Zucker was replaced by Steve Burke, Comcast?s chief operating officer. Comcast has publicly talked about maintaining the integrity of NBC News.

Media Properties

Sector: Online

  • cnbc.com
  • DailyCandy.com
  • Fandango.com
  • http://www.msnbc.com - New York, NY
  • Hulu.com
  • iVillage.com
  • nbc.com

Sector: Network TV

  • Dateline - NBC
  • Meet the Press - NBC
  • Nightly News - NBC
  • Today - NBC

Sector: Local TV

  • KBLR - Las Vegas, NV
  • KDEN-TV - Denver, Co
  • KEJT-LP - Salt Lake City, UT
  • KHRR - Tucson, AZ
  • KNBC - Los Angeles, CA
  • KNSD - San Diego, CA
  • KNSO - Fresno-Visalia, CA
  • KNTV - Bay Area, CA
  • KSTS - San Francisco, CA
  • KTAZ - Phoenix, AZ
  • KTMD - Houston, TX
  • KVDA - San Antonio, TX
  • KVEA - Los Angeles, CA
  • KXAS - Dallas/Fort Worth, TX
  • KXTX-TV - Dallas-Ft. Worth, TX
  • WCAU - Philadelphia, PA
  • WMAQ - Chicago, IL
  • WNBC - New York, NY
  • WNEU - Boston, MA
  • WNJU - New York, NY
  • WRC - Washington, DC
  • WSCV - Miami-Ft. Lauderdale, FL
  • WSNS-TV - Chicago, IL
  • WTVJ - Miami, FL
  • WVIT - Hartford-New Haven, Connecticut

Sector: Cable TV

  • CNBC - Englewood Cliffs, NJ
  • CNBC World - Englewood Cliffs, NJ
  • MSNBC - New York, NY
  • Telemundo Cable - Hialeah, FL